08 February 2006

One of the reasons 2006 has been interesting, has been that I am re-connecting with a lot of my colleagues from SFCM. I kinda fell out of that loop for a while . . . somewhat on purpose, but also just because of how life goes.

Anyways, I posted a little about this before, but since them God has really been talking to me about not being concerned with earthly judgements; for ultimately, He knows me and judges my heart.

Rather than being concerned with what poeple think of me, my professional "aspirations", my extracurricular activities, or my day-job . . . what really matters is what are my motives for all of these things? And even more, how harshly do I judge myself on these same things? There is a difference between living righteously and living in a perfectionistic manner. Is my life, are my choices, pleasing to God? Do I worship Him in everything I do? What fruits of the Spirit are evident in my life?

One passage that has been powerful to me this week is 1 Cor. 4:1-5

So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the secret things of God. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself. My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait till the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.
Thanks be to God . . .

No comments: