08 February 2006

Leave your Problems*

*Lyrics by R. Quinones of M.O.V.E.

I've been listening to this song all week in my car. Besides the awesome drum action in it, I just really like the lyrics.

So...here is part of the chorus (used without permission, but note that all words are copyrighted by the aforementioned Ruben and/or MOVE):

The rain that stains you
Beats you down,
But will not drown you . . .



I feltthis so distinctly on Sunday morning at church. I had been in shock Saturday night, after talking to my mom about Will, and really couldn't react in any way. AZ showed up that night and she can attest to that fact. I talked to mom several times that night and throughout the night, but I was in a stupor of sorts. When she called Sunday around 8:30am and told me that the EKG and spinal tap results were normal, I felt relieved, but I still had not gotten through the initial shock of everything.

Fast-forward to church on Sunday, during which we sang "How Great is Our God" finished off with the chorus of "How Great Thou Art." It was a powerful time...the shock wore off, and I went from sadness, grief and worry to praise and thankfulness and humility. Tears streaming down my face...singing through the tears. It was an intense experience and felt very much like the "rain that was staining me" just might drown me. But, it didn't. God is good!


***SIBLING REPORT***
William is doing fine. He has an appointment with a neurologist next Thursday to try and figure out what's going on. He's thinking it might be migraines and/or something to do with his caffeine intake(!). Thank you for all of your prayers and support!!!!

No comments: