23 April 2008

I have to get it outta my system...rant

Something stupid that really irks me is how in a group of a dozen and a half or so, no one seems to know how to load a freakin’ dishwasher. Seriously. I go to put my coffee mug in at the end of the day and it’s like all hell has broken loose in that damp dungeon of dishes.

Cups have fallen over flat on their sides, bowls are turned upwards: neither of those positions will get the dishes CLEAN, you know. I mean, is it *really* that difficult to put the mugs and glasses in properly along the sides of the top rack? They don’t tip over that way! Amazing! And the bowls go FACE DOWN so all the little chucks of dried oatmeal left behind have a better chance of getting washed away. Except for the fact that oatmeal sticks like molasses in July and seriously can’t you rinse off the bigger chunks before you put it in upside-down?

Maybe it’s just my OCD. But EVERY time – I can’t help myself – I fix the dishes. Because *I* don’t want to be drinking someone else’s leftovers in my morning coffee…I don’t know about the rest of the crew.

(Yeah…I’m a little testy today. I thought it would be a nice, easy day…and that I would be able to relax, do some mindless things like filing, and be in power-saver mode thus conserving my energy for tonight’s performance. But no. Those were pipe dreams, I guess. I’ve already had to deal with too many “crises” today … which aren’t really “crises” at all except for the fact that some people choose to make them as much. And because some assume they are critical, I’M treated as if they are…when really, they are not. And now my shoulders are creeping up, up, up towards my ears the tension building and it is all I can do to take a deep breath and force them down to normal, click my heels together and repeat over and over in my head “There’s no such thing as TPS reports, there’s no such thing as TPS reports, there’s no such thing as TPS reports…”)

PS: Happy Administrative Professional’s Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

TPS reports are real, I wrote about them once.

Good luck on that dishwasher thing.