21 March 2008

Good Friday Fives

RevGals Friday Five (via Wyld):

1. Our prayer concerns are as varied as we are this day. For whom would you like us to pray?
P and all the troops abroad and at home; my coworker M; my friend J & her baby; Sibling & S; peace in the Middle East.

2. Are there things you have done or will do today to help the young ones understand this important day in our lives?
Help the young ones? Don’t have much interaction with ‘the young ones’…so probably not.

3. Music plays an important part in sharing the story of this day. Is there a hymn or piece of music that you have found particularly meaningful to your celebrations of Good Friday?
I think I will listen to Barber’s Adagio – but the one performed by voices to the words “Agnus Dei”…it’s a beautiful piece, and I think appropriate to the day.

4. As you hear the passion narrative, is there a character that you particularly resonate with?
The ones who fell asleep while Jesus was praying…

5. Where have you seen the gracious God of love at work lately?
I have seen Him at work through healing…in myself, in others…spiritual, physical, emotional…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How long have you been doing these?

I get stumped alot, so my answers usually suck.

Yours are awesome.