23 January 2008

Tragic

After 10 Things I Hate About You and A Knight's Tale, I had a huge celebrity crush on Heath Ledger. I tore his picture out of magazines and I'm pretty sure I even wrote him a fan letter once. (I *KNOW* - I can't believe it either.)

I just remembered all this a few minutes ago.

I am saddened that he has passed away...but it's a sort of detached sadness, since I didn't know him personally. Rather, I am saddened for his family and friends. Their loss gets magnified under the scope of a media frenzy - I can't even begin to imagine how difficult that would be to endure.

So...say an extra prayer for the Ledger Family today: for his parents and siblings, his daughter & her mother, and for his circle of friends. They are all just regular folks, too, and mourning the loss of a loved one.

No comments: