16 January 2007

family ties

So, I was talking to my mom earlier today, and she informed me that my cousin, L, on my dad's side also has panic/anxiety attacks. As does her father (my dad's older brother). As did my grandmother (my dad's mom). Hmmmmm. And, interestingly enough, OCD (as exhibited by my father) is characterized as a type of anxiety disorder.

It's all very interesting, in someways. That is, when I'm not in the midst of an actual panic attack. Because really, that sucks.

I spent a good deal of time on Friday trying to find a psychiatrist in my health insurance network, and left a couple of messages. So, here's hoping I'll hear back from one this week, and get something going. I'm also waiting on the results of my lab tests, to determine if there are physical factors (anemia, thyroid, etc) contributing to the attacks. So, we'll see.

In other news, I've had the strangest cold, and am pretty sure I caught it from Will's girlfriend, who had it and was at the house last week. Strange in that it seems to be moving on fairly quickly - I think. I was feeling so-so on Friday night, and by Saturday night, I was not so good. Sunday and today I've spent resting and drinking tons of tea. Thank goodness I didn't have rehearsal this weekend, and an extra day off! I should be all better by Saturday!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

(((((((((((katy)))))))))))))
lots and lots of hugs.