04 August 2005

You know...

...that feeling you get when you're in the presence of someone and you just are yourself? Good side, bad side, stupid side, funny side, serious side, brain-fart side, etc etc? Someone who sees it all and still likes you (in spite of/because of) all of those things. That level of comfort with another human being is special, and I am blessed to have some relationships like that in my life.

This weekend, I had the chance to reconnect with someone very dear to me, whom I'd not seen in 5 years. It didn't feel like five years had gone by, but maybe only 6 months. I hadn't forgotten that rapport, but was a little stunned to have it back (in person) after so long.

Thank God for modern communication technology, as this friend lives in North Carolina, and *you know what?* 3,000 miles is a lot of distance!


(*that was just for you, AZ*)

No comments: