17 June 2005

My feet are killing me

...but it is worth every single aching step. Went salsa dancing tonight. It was so much fun. A random group of us went. A friend from church, a friend from Carnaval, a friend from salsa class, and even my salsa teacher came! I also ran into this guy I've met here on more than one occaision.

Lots of good dancing tonight.
M, from the metronome, is a solid leader, easy to follow, and we are in similar skill levels.

J, from MCLAA salsa on tuesday game (sadly, though, without Tio) and he is doing great! He just has to keep his confidence up, but is improving as a leader everytime I dance with him. We had a lot of fun, as he is always up for a laugh.

Jaime himself. Wow. What can I say. It is so fun - and a workout - to dance with him. Man KNOWS what to DO on the dance floor. Talk about pro, man. Gets a little crazy, but worth it!

Adam, Adam and Matt were supposed to come, but last minute had something come up. Adam, however, has expressed his sincere desire to go salsa dancing, as well as the other two guys. Oh well. Next time.

As for me, I cannot speak highly enough about going early for the class. Not only do you learn some moves, but you also meet people, whom you can dance with later.

Hasta la proxima.....

No comments: