22 February 2010

What's on your life list?

2009 was momentous for many resons, both good and bad. And in many ways, I have been struggling to get out of 2009 and move ahead in 2010- a year which, thus far, seems to be bringing on a season of joy. Baby steps!

It's almost 11:30 PST - an hence, my Lenten bedtime - so this will be brief. I've never really liked the term "bucket list," but I like the concept of having a list of things/dreams for one's life. The events of the past year have made me even more introverted for the moment, and definitely more introspective, and I've started trying to sort out the chaff from the wheat of what is really important. Besides continually nurturing my relationships and making sure that the people I love know it, I've decided upon a few things for my "life list."
in random order:
- visit all of the US National Parks (and as many as possible with my dad)
- see the northern lights in Alaska. In winter.
- go on one of those one-way round-the-world plane tickets
- get married to a "partner in crime"
- get decent at a winter sport (that's the olympics talking)
- Make it to the top of a 14er
- not have a heart attack at the age of 53, as did my mom and grandma
- support myself doing something I am completely passionate about
- figuring out what that would be ( see above )
- learn how to shoot
- clean out my house ( that's on the shortlist)

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

I need a list too.

Laney said...

I am really impressed...my "bucket list" has lots of superficial and non-consequential things on there like get a Brazilian and fix the gap between my front teeth. I feel really shallow. I do want to run a marathon and visit Alaska...that has some depth, right?!

MezzoCO said...

@Lou: it's fun - and sometimes scary - to write this kind of list down!

@Laney: NOT superficial at all. It's your list, and you can do with it what you choose!!