09 January 2009

Friday Five - Pancakes

1. Scratch or mix? Buttermilk or plain? Scratch, if possible, though there are some decent mixes out there. And I use buttermilk if I have any in the fridge!

2. Pure and simple, or with additions cooked in? Pure and simple, but *occasionally* with chocolate chips..

3. For breakfast or for dinner? Either. Though during the holidays with houseguests, we've had them a couple times in the morning.

4. Preferred syrup or other topping? How about the best side dish? Real maple syrup if they are plain pancakes. No butter. (If they are chocolate chip - no topping needed!) I love bacon or sausage patties with pancakes - and I like to dip them in maple syrup, too! It's the tasty salty/sweet combo thing.

5. Favorite pancake restaurant? In SF, probably Kate's Kitchen. Back home in CO, I like the Original Pancake House - especially in the fall, when they have their awesome pumpkin pancakes!

No comments: