10 September 2008

9/11? Never heard of it . . .

For as much as I love SF & living in the Bay Area, I still get pissed off by some of the consequences of living on the Left coast. I know . . . I shouldn't complain . . . it's my choice to live here . . . blah, blah, etc, etc. But I have spent a lot of time this week looking for any 9/11 memorial events or services happening anywhere in SF County. I would like to go to something . . . anything. But my search has come up null and void. There are a couple of events up in Marin County, but I have yet to find anything here other than the 911-Truth events, which I will most definitely not be attending.

 

My search for official "Patriot Day" activities brought me many results about Tom Brady's season-ending injury. (Sucks for him, sure, but not exactly what I was looking for . . .) I would think that at least the folks in City Hall might have some sort of something planned for the early morning hours here . . . unless they've all-but-forgotten that some of those planes were headed for SFO.

 

I'll keep looking around this afternoon, but if all else fails, I can always go to the big Catholic church near my office and light some candles before going to work in the morning.

 

Prayer for our Men and Women In Military Service

O Prince of Peace, we humbly ask Your protection for all our men and women in military service. Give them unflinching courage to defend with honor, dignity and devotion the rights of all who are imperiled by injustice and evil. Guard our churches, our homes, our schools, our hospitals, our factories, our buildings and all those within from harm and peril. Protect our land and its peoples from enemies within and without. Grant an early peace with victory founded upon justice. Instill in the hearts and minds of men and women everywhere a firm purpose to live forever in peace and good will toward all. Amen.

No comments: