17 July 2008

Thank you, Steve Perry

Math Jedi came up with this little gem here...


All I Really Needed To Know I Learned From Journey

Don't stop believing. Hold on to that feeling.
Burning love comes once in a lifetime.
You learn to take the laughter with the tears after all these years.
Two hearts born to run, who'll be the lonely one? Wonder who's crying now?
Give me all of your sunshine. A spark is all I need to take away all of the shadows.
Don't give up, never walk away.
I'll be alright without you, there'll be someone else.
Someday love will find you, break those chains that bind you.
Inside is where the heart grows.
If he ever hurts you, true love won't desert you.
I'm not a dead man walking without you, you know I'll be alright. I'm showing signs of life.
So you think you're lonely? Well, my friend, I'm lonely too.
It's sad, oh there's been mornings out on the road without you, without your charms.
When you can't give no more, they want it all, but you gotta say no.
It won't be long, yes till you're alone, when your lover, he hasn't come home, 'cause he's loving, he's touching, he's squeezing another.
Compromise, the price they had to pay.
Take a chance now, the timing's right.
Oh, no, you should be holding on to him girl, just like you want to do.
Any way you want it, that's the way you need it.
There's a time to fall, there's a time to rise above it all.
Some will win, some will lose, some were born to sing the blues.
The memories never fade away.
The road ain't no place to start a family.
To forgive is to forget.
Only so many tears you can cry 'til the heartache is over.
You stole my heart, but you'll never get a piece of my soul.
Living without you, living alone, this empty house seems so cold.
You know I still love you, though we touched and went our separate ways.
Roses never fade.
Be good to yourself when nobody else will.
When you're down in deep despair, ask the lonely.
The fighting is worth the love they save.
When you love a woman, you see your world inside her eyes.
I was alone, I never knew what good love could do. Then we touched, then we sang about the loving things.
You can reinvent your world anytime you like.
Being apart ain't easy on this love affair.
Love's a promise that he made.
Wheel in the sky keeps on turning. I don't know where I'll be tomorrow.

(compiled by DGS, from lyrics by Journey and their various members and collaborators over the last three decades)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

serioulsy this is pretty awesome!