30 June 2008

Mid-year

It's almost July! ACK! How crazy is that? Rather than balk in disbelief that 2008 is halfway over, I'm just going to get excited about the following events happening this month:

-Spending the 4th up in the Rockies. I CAN'T WAIT!!! It's been faaaar too long since I've spent any time in the summer up there. YAY.

-My birthday. Though I am excited about this, I'm still not sure how I'm going to celebrate. Too many options! Maybe I'll celebrate all month :)

-Performances start at the end of July. I am excited about wearing kimonos and the like - but a little nervous, as we've not had our costume fittings yet (and now with the holiday it will be at least another week!!!)

-Bastille Day. Moi, j'adore la France et les francais...c'est l'heure de la fete!

-North Beach Jazz Fest...hope to get to go to a show or two, we'll see.

-July also marks *about* the halfway point for P's deployment. I'm praying that this second half passes much as this first one has. I'm not sure what the right word is...not "smooth" not "uneventful" but ..."well" I guess. Send some prayers - and cold-temperature thoughts - his way, ya'll: 130 degrees with 70ish pounds of body armour is just about as pleasant as it sounds. And July & August will be the hottest months.

No comments: