03 June 2008

let's get political, political

I can't believe Hillary just gave a ... like 30 minute non-concession "concession" speech. Seriously? She needs to just freakin' concede already. Support your colleague and get. Over. It. "She did everything but offer Barack Obama the presidency"...someone on CNN just said that, but I didn't see who it was. HAHAHA.

And I also can't believe I'm listening to a recording of Tina Turner's "Simply the Best" playing during the aftermath of her speech (don't tell my father!)

CNN's saying Obama is the winner of the Democratic nomination...a fact about which I have mixed feelings. Although I'm glad it's going to be him and not Hillary.

I think it's awesome that in my lifetime we have had both an African-American man and a middle-aged woman in the serious running to be the next POTUS. I mean...the 1960's weren't that long ago, really, and I would dare say that if M.L.K., Jr. were still alive today...he'd be proud to see his dreams coming true!

All that being said, I disagree with Obama on some issues (foreign policy, for example). I disagree with McCain on some issues (roe v. wade, for example). And I just don't like Hillary.

Hell....I'm thinking Bob Barr! Anyone?? Bueller...? Bueller...?
It's going to be an interesting few months running up to November...

(Side note: Obama is milking his "victory" speech right now talking about caring for our military....interesting considering he's been ignoring them lately. H/T to Maj C for the link.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And this is when Ralph Nader is going to get his campaign going? I must admit I would love to see Matt Gonzalez in office...

Jennie said...

Where's a good green party candidate when you need them? Seriously, I don't want any of these yahoos. Sucks huh?

Unknown said...

I am hoping for a good third party candidate to emerge.

MezzoCO said...

Yes, yes and yes to all of ya'll. Here's to the third party candidate!