08 May 2008

Rollin’, rollin’, rollin’ down the river

If my father had a top 5 list of what makes him happy in this world (other – than, of course, his perfect kids…hahah) this is what it would look like:
1. Traveling. Anytime, anywhere (I definitely got that gene….)
2. Delta Airlines and their history
3. Dark chocolate (Moonstruck, Ghirardelli, and Maison du Chocolat)
4. Grand Lake, CO (me too)
5. Tina Turner

So…I get a phone call at work today from my father who is VERY excited about something. As it happens, it’s #5 on that list. Seems Tina is coming out of retirement for one last tour, which he read about in the paper last week. And which Tina announced (along with Cher) on the Oprah show today. (No – my parents don’t watch the Oprah show…but TINA was on today, so they watched).

Anyways…I get a call with a directive to please look up the website and see the tour schedule. I did and – unfortunately – Tina is not going to be playing in Colorado near my parents. However….she IS playing both San Jose and Sacramento. One quick phone call back to dad and we now have tickets to the San Jose show in October. I’ve seen Tina with the fam once before. I believe mom & dad have seen her three times total (once in the mid-60’s when it was Ike & Tina). And there is a strong possibility of going to the Sacramento show, too, if dad can get the whole week off of work.

So we’ll be rollin’ on down the highway all over the bay following Tina’s tour. Just like Grateful Deadheads. Only….less hippy and more….middle-aged parents with their 20-something kids. And I am TOTALLY looking forward to it!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You do realize you wrote a word that I talked about in my Pet Peeve #23 post.

I happy that you get to be groupies again, though.

Sandra Vahtel said...

I too think of your father every time I hear Tina Turner's music or hear her name mentioned...I hope he has fun in San Jose!

MezzoCO said...

YES I know...I wrote anywayS...!

math jedi said...

hehe... fun. :)

Jennie said...

Can I fly Addie out to go with you guys? :) Tina is her new fav... she really jams to "Proud Mary."

MezzoCO said...

I would LOVE it if Addie could come out...awww how fun!!!
Miss you!!!!!

MezzoCO said...

I would LOVE it if Addie could come out...awww how fun!!!
Miss you!!!!!