29 April 2008

Opa!

Greek dancing was awesome. A ton of fun - roughly 2.5 hours of fun, along with hopping, skipping, grapvineing and counting in 7/8 or 3/16 time.

Being a musician and being able to hear the off-beats definitely helped my case.

Since tonight was a free class, there were probably about 45 people there. It was packed! We learned three easy dances, then had a break and then it was 'practice' time...that was when all the crazy dancing happened (and all the regulars got to request what dance they wanted to practice).

I figured out a majority of the patterns with the help of a couple of the regulars there guiding me . . . but there was at least one that left me just...totally confused. Fun to watch, though!!

I will definitely go back on Monday's that I don't have rehearsal. But - oh man - I made the mistake of not stretching before the dancing mania started tonight. NOT a good idea to have skipped that part...and now my calves are hating me. *doh*

No comments: