29 April 2008

the irony

I sent a box to P today for his bday. After I sent it, I started laughing to myself, because I realized that out of the food items I sent...most were purchased at Trader Joe's, and were therefore "organic" in nature.

It just cracks me up in retrospect . . . sending organic food to a war zone.
How Californian of me.

But, you *know* . . . the REAL reason that the man of steel himself was able to stop bullets and leap over tall buildings? He must have been eating organic food!

:P

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It seemed that I could never get banana chips while I was in Iraq, but if I wanted "honey buns" I would recieve a case.

Sharona said...

HA! I love your label on this one. And P's going to LOVE the Ode to Organica!!

MezzoCO said...

Wyld - good to know! Yeah - I guess people might think more about sending "comfort" foods (cookies, honey buns, etc) than healthy ones. If you ever end up in another banana-chipless situation . . . I know where to get some great organic ones ;)

Rona - where have you BEEN all my life...or...well, last week? hahahah! Hey when is Cocktail week?? Tastes like burning!