11 April 2008

California Girl

When I was younger, I NEVER wanted to live in California...and here I've been for just about 7 years.

I know I've lived in NorCal for a long time as is evidenced by what I cooked for dinner tonight. You've got the "Hippy Elements"(tofu and brown rice); the "Asian Influence" (baby bok choi and water chestnuts in my stirfry); and the "Napa Effect" (a nice California red wine to accompany the meal).

Sibling walked in and was like . . . "What on EARTH are you cooking? (It smells good, though.)"

*Clearly* he has not lived in California long enough.


And now - to round out my lovely day, after having been to the beach on our 80-degree spring evening - I'm enjoying said dinner and wine with "the kids" and watching Star Wars. I haven't watched the original (Episode IV) in over a year (!) but boy howdy, I still know all the dialogue.

BLAST!

3 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Last night, my hubby and I watched the first Star Wars movie. It had been a while since we had seen it. He asked me when it first came out. After I thought about it, I said, "It came out the first year we were married - 1977,"

math jedi said...

I was going to comment on this the other day, but I haven't had a lot of time in the last three days when I've been both home and awake, so I forgot... but anyway, it's funny you should mention it, because I also watched the original Star Wars for the first time in quite a while last week. I didn't get to finish it, though, so I'm doing that now :)

Unknown said...

Bet it was fun.