09 February 2008

MacGyver

Armed with nothing but an old pair of cuticle trimmers and my stubbornness steely resolve, I set upon the task at hand.

Not a few years ago, after a trip to Scotland, my dad gave me this beautiful purple-blue atomizer. It has sat for the longest time - unused - on my bathroom shelf. Nothing but a pretty objet d'art taking up space.

Perhaps it was the cold-induced fog, or the fact that I was just itching for something to do having been cooped up in the house for so long, but I decided I would make use of this pretty bit of glass TODAY without delay. It's not that I hadn't tried to use it before. No...the problem had been I could never open up the bottle of my perfume in order to pour it into the atomizer.

Until this morning.

So...armed with nothing but an old pair of cuticle trimmers ( . . . etc, etc) I managed to pry off the bit of hard plastic on the top of my perfume. It only took a couple of minutes, thus allowing me to unscrew the rest of it and pour it into the beautiful "new" bottle.

Success!

I even managed *not* to pour perfume all over the place - truly a miracle in and of itself. Now, who's ready for a nap?

No comments: