12 January 2008

Giggle me Elvis

On my way home from work yesterday, I was listening to KPOO San Francisco 89.5. They were playing Elvis songs and "Are You Lonesome Tonight" came on. Well, about one verse into it, Elvis screws up the words and starts cracking up (it was a live version). Well - that took me off guard and I started laughing, too. He never did recover from his giggles. I've been there man...sometimes, they just get a hold of you and there ain't nothing nobody can do to make them stop!

Anyways . . . his band and backup singers just kept going. They were pros! Every now and then Elvis tried to jump back in, but to no avail. So, when I got home, I just *had* to find that performance online, and sure enough, found it on youtube. It's from a 1969 performance. Enjoy!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wish I could see it.