18 January 2008

Friday Fives - Speed Trap

1. Have you ever been pulled over? How many times?
Yes - twice. Once for a "rolling stop" and once for speeding. I only got a ticket for the first one.

2. What are you most likely to be pulled over for? (Speeding? Reckless driving? Expired tags/inspection? Bad signal/headlight?) Probably the aforementioned rolling stops.

3. You're driving along on your merry way when you see a police car. What is your first thought? "Whoops - better slow down!"

4. When you see a cop car, do you hit your brakes or keep your foot on the gas? If I'm on the highway, I just take my foot off the gas or take it off of cruise control (I usually don't slam on my brakes in that situation).

5. What's your personal speed limit? How do you determine what it is for any given road? Where I grew up in CO, the highway speed limit is about 10 mph higher than anywhere near me now in CA. So, I got used to driving 75-85mph on the highway, easily. Now, there's very little opportunity for that - if for nothing else than the usually snarled Bay Area traffic. In city street driving, I probably drive on the faster side of the limit, but not unsafely.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

1- Lots of times. None inth elast five years though.(Been overseas)
2- Speeding
3-I wonder when he/she got out of the Marine Corps?
4-I disengage the gear if speeding.
5-9mph over the posted.Obviously if the road dictates slower speeds then that takes presidence.