29 December 2007

"This is your [my] life"

Last night I went to an impromptu gathering of folks I went to highschool with - most of whom I have not seen (social networking sites notwithstanding) in 10 years. It was a TRIP! Playing catch-up with a handful of folks, mostly musically-minded people-was fun and funny. We all met up at a bar and drank and reminisced and filled each other in, met spouses, told our tales. It was fun.

Today, I spent several hours helping my mom label all of the family pictures we have in our hallways. We have wonderful pictures of our family, grandparents, great-grandparents and various and sundry other members of the family tree hanging out on the walls. It was a lot of fun to re-hear stories and learn new tidbits about family long gone.

This week also brought the knowledge that my friend (and Ty's cousin) P has been moved from where we thought he might be staying over in the Sandbox. It's pretty scary to think about - and I know his parents are freaked out. P did not get a chance to call home on Christmas, but (Praise the Lord) he did get a chance to call his parents yesterday. He's not allowed to say what he's doing or where exactly he is, but said that he was doing fine. I guess that's good news!!

I also got to see my friends J & G (who live in Dallas) and A (who lives in CO). These folks are some of my oldest and closest friends, and it's always good to see one another. We tend to pick up just where we left off, which is one of those weird but wonderful quirks of old, established friendships. It's akin to finding a favorite sweater in the back of the closet, putting in on, and remembering why you loved it so much in the first place.

Now...it's time to play dominoes!

No comments: