01 May 2006

Wheel in the sky keeps on turning

The title has nothing to do with this post, other than that's the song currently stuck in my head. Don't ask.

It's been a good weekend, but Monday morning - as they are apt to do - came too quickly.

Friday we had the first orchestra rehearsal and the players, they sound great.

Saturday morning, AZ and I had planned on going to the Ferry Building farmer's market, and taking a good walk along the Embarcadero. Cold and cloudy weather, however, kept us from doing this. So, we went to the YMCA, instead. Followed by a quick trip to TJ's. I was home by 11! Feeling so accomplished!

The rest of the afternoon was spent baking brownies for ty's bday; talking to Sandra - who was going to drive up from LA for the weekend; and resting up a little for the party that night. Sandra and Dennis arrived about the same time, as did Ryan and his ..."friend" L...and Ty and his two friends...a houseful of people!

Had dinner at Magnolia (very tasty and good beer - they make their own!) followed by Karaoke madness at the Do Re Mi. At one point, I think we had about 25 people crammed into the VIP room (for 18). But we weren't charged the extra person fee, I think because we started late (not our fault, we were there early!!). It was three hours of loud singing and wacky videos into the wee hours of the morning. Fun but come 2am, I was exhausted. I had been expecting a house full of people (8) to be spending the night, which would have been *tricky*, at best, but we ended up with only 4 of us. Not including my roommate.

Sunday was kinda brutal. Not bad, but, considering the night before, just brutal. Woke up around 9, had breakfast with everyone. Had to be in Marin for 12:15 costume fitting and rehearsal at 1pm. Well, the costume lady arrived at 12:45. The director's car broke down, and she never showed. The conductor arrived around 2. We *started* rehearsal at 3:15. I wasn't too happy about that. Alas. Once we started it was good. But until then, just a big waste of time.

I left Marin and had just enough time to run home, grab some drinks and head to AZ's house for dinner/house concert. Folk singer Miranda and sitar player Chris were the main event. And they were awesome. Sipping hot chai, sinking into the couch and listening to music. That's an evening well spent. Exhausted as I was, I drifed a little in-and-out . . .

Got home, wanted to fall asleep with my shoes on, but had the sense not to do that. Spoke to Dman and found out that he may or may not have seriously injured his wrist in a bicylce-related fall. Ack. The perils of not having insurance rear their ugly head. It sucks. Hopefully, it's not serious enough to warrant a trip to the ER later on today.

I fell asleep and dreamt that a golf-ball sized brown widow spider was crawling over me and settled on top of my right eyeball. It was horrible. And I couldn't move it away, or else it would bite and kill me.

Will tells me that people dream of spiders when they are stressed out.

1 comment:

math jedi said...

ewww... bad dream.

I'm going to keep up the ice packs and not get it looked at yet. If it's significantly worse in the next day or two, I'll go. My gut reaction is that it's getting better.