27 April 2006

it's always been my favorite ride at disney world

I stopped at the shell station on my way home from work today, where I traded in an arm and a leg for a tank of gas. I decided to run in and get a bottle of water (spring has sprung here in sf!) and went to pay.

The guy working at the station, Selvin, looked familiar. And, I realized, he was from Cafe Cocomo. I remember meeting him about a year or so ago there, and we'd danced a few times, and he'd asked for my number, but, I wasn't interested, and finally he was contented to receive an email address from me. I ran into him other times at Cafe Cocomo and we would dance a time or two. He is much shorter than me (what? i'm shocked....) but very sweet, and quite a good leader. It wa just really funny to run into him today - in a neighborhood where neither one of us lives, just out of the lights and flash of the club, and in our normal, daily routine.

It really is a small world, afterall.

1 comment:

math jedi said...

cool :)