09 February 2006

FAZ

AW had a coupon for FAZ restaurant, down near south beach area. So, we decided to go try it out after work today. It was so yummy - mostly Persian fare, but also pan-mediterannean cuisine.

We got there, and since it was so early, they sat us near the back, at the window, where we could look out over the embarcadero and see the Bay Bridge all lit up. It was a very romantic atmosphere, but, considering that we are both straight, and I'm seeing someone...well, we couldn't take full advantage of it, I guess :P

We had great pomegranite chicken...mmmmm...a glass of good wine, and tasty foccacia bread. Then, at dessert time, we had wanted to share this chocolate, caramel, heaven on a plate thing, but they didn't have any tonight. So, we both had hot tea (on the house, because of the dessert snafu). We were sitting, drinking our tea when the busboy came by with a tiramisu for us. He said "It's on the house, I've worked for the owner for 13 years, and it's okay for me to do this. So, please, enjoy." We looked at him all agog with our jaws hanging open.

We. Were. SO. Excited. FREE DESSERT?!? Where does THAT happen??

Needless to say, it was mighty tasty.

The best part? We hadn't told the waiter we had a coupon for part of our dinner. So, we totally left it with the bill when he came to take it for payment. He didn't say one thing, but I'm sure he was thinking "We comp'ed them all this stuff, gave them the best seat in the house, and they still give us a coupon?" I admit, I felt a little redneck doing that, but dude, they made their money on us.

We made sure to leave a good tip.

1 comment:

math jedi said...

I said this already, but... that's pretty darn cool. :)

It was a very romantic atmosphere, but, considering that we are both straight, and I'm seeing someone...well, we couldn't take full advantage of it, I guess :P

great quote. :)