31 January 2006

Today was nuts *rant* alert

I hate bugs. Of all kinds. I really passionately dislike spiders. I don't mind killing bugs, but spiders creep me out.

All this to set-up the fact that one of today's joys at work included bugs. We have some sort of infestation of these annoying , tiny, little black bugs. I start thinking about them and it just...ick.

Another thing: stupid people at the freaking USPS. I was determined to reach them today, and after seven attempts in a row (letting the phone ring until it clicked off automatically - say 50 rings or so), someone *actually* answered the phone. We've been trying to reach them for four days! If they're understaffed.....for crying out loud HIRE MORE PEOPLE. Can't our federal government work this out...? Won't it ultimately keep more folks - on both sides of the counter - from going *postal*?!?!

arrggh. And PLEASE, for the LOVE OF ALL THINGS SANE, hire people with communication skills. Is that really so terribly difficult?!?! Please be able to handle a conversation over the phone which makes sense. Now...I'm a patient person...usually...but today my patience was just worn thin.

And then sitting in a meeting with two of my coworkers for another reason (renovation drama)...I love these people, I do. They are good women, easy to work with, fun, caring, hard workers etc etc etc...but they were just talking at each other for a good 10 minutes. They were totally miscommunicating, and it was very frustrating to be in the middle of that. I don't mind being a moderator, but let me get a word in edgewise, people, or else that defeats the purpose of moderating.

AND, if you ask me to help clean out your office, don't sit there and tell me the backstory about every. single. file. in. your. drawers. Just tell me whether or not I can throw it out, relabel it or send it away. Pile on hormones on top of this nonsense, and you get a picture of my day.


ARGH. I need some loud-ass music right now. And dancing. And sweat. And Will Farrell telling me to do 8 more reps.

2 comments:

math jedi said...

sorry.

*hugs*

I don't know what's up with postal workers. Kind of like my theory about how the DMV hires the rudest people they can find on purpose.

MezzoCO said...

hmmmm DMV - yeah. They've some weird ones working there. Although the last time I went, it wasn't so bad. I got there right when they opened, and folks were surprisingly chipper.