15 January 2006

Skeeball rocks

I had a great day. Truly a great Saturday!
Went to "Will Farrells" dance class this morning, and was not disappointed by our fearless leader, who always seems to be doing his best Will Farell impression, if Will Farell played the role of an aging, gay, white, hip hop dancer . . . (oh, and he's written some music too, the most memorable of which is called "Sex Train". That was our cool-down song).

After class, I went home and got ready for the rest of the day. Tonight was CY's birthday party at the Dave & Buster's in Milpitas, but I went down early to meet DGS at *$'s at the Great Mall. I actually got there around 4, so I could get a present for CY. I hadn't been to a Mills Mall in a while, and it was all very overwhelming. Until, of course, I noticed one of the electronics stores was broadcasting the football playoffs. Then I was okay with it all.

I met DGS around 5, and we played a couple of really fun games. The first one pretty much was all strategy, and I lost. Both times. But the second game was quite close (!). Then, we played a game based on his comic, Cow Chip and Lance, which is almost pure luck. I won! Go figure . . .

Post *$, we headed to D&B to put our name in for a table (which ended up being a 2.5 hour wait!), and play some games while we waited on the gang. I haven't played Skeeball in AGES...and let me tell you, I was not disappointed. Ooooohhhh good times. We played skeeball, air hockey, a trivia game, ms. pac-man, donkey kong jr., raced horses and shot shotguns at the old west shooting gallery. At the end of the night, you turn in your tickets for prizes. I had enough for a hacky-sack. DGS had enough for a yo-yo (girls like guys with skills) and a soft football.

It was a great night. We ended up leaving shortly after midnight. Whew. The drive home was decent, although I did miss the 101-North cutoff and had to circle back around. No big deal. I was happily wide awake . . .

Some highlights from tonight:
1. Learning new games!!!!!
2. The Broncos beating the Patriots!!!!!
3. Skeeball!!!!!
4. Celebrating CY's bday, she rocks!!!!!
5. Singing along to U2 in the car with DGS!!!!!


[side note: I totally have the hiccoughs right now! Ack! Not good when trying to sleep!!]

1 comment:

math jedi said...

Girls only want boyfriends with skills... you know it ;)