14 January 2006

7's survey

I've been tagged by mathjedi

Seven Things To Do Before I Die
1. Travel anywhere south of the border (I can't believe I've not yet been to Mexico, even!)
2. Sing Wagner really well
3. Take a "family roots" tour of Louisiana with my parents, photographing their memories, and recording their stories
4. See the Grand Canyon
5. Get married
6. Really learn spanish. And portuguese. And German.
7. Spend time in France and Italy

Seven Things I Cannot Do
1. The Running Man
2. Drive a stick shift
3. Cheer for the Raiders
4. Watch/see/hear anything to do with E.T. (freaks me out!)
5. Stop singing
6. Stop learning
7. Do the limbo

Seven Things I Say Most Often
1. "Dude"
2. "What's your damage?"
3. "Are you kidding me?" (usually spoken at inanimate, techno-type objects)
4. "That's funny"
5. "Sweet"
6. "Ciao"
7. "wow"

Seven Things That Attract Me To People (in general)
1. sense of humor (goofy, sarcastic, dry, silly, dorky, whatever...just being able to laugh at life - it's too short to be serious all of the time)
2. generous (with themselves, time, resources...whathaveyou)
3. honesty (with themselves, with others...ie: not a poser)
4. passionate about something in life - whatever that may be
5. smarts/intelligence
6. musical ability/good rhythm (always impressive!)
7. and, I have to add one in about men: tall(-er than me...does that make me shallow?)

Seven Books (Or Series) That I like a lot:
1. The Outlander Series, Diana Gabaldon
2. LOTR, J.R.R. Tolkein
3. Le Petit Prince, Antoine de St-Exupery
4. Travel books (Bill Bryson et al)
5. Linguistic books (language history, etc)
6. Dean Koontz novels
7. I used to LOVE reading the World Book Encyclopedia when I was growing up. If I had a set, I still would.

Seven Movies I Can Watch Over And Over
1. Star Wars (any)
2. The Godfather trilogy
3. A Knight's Tale
4. Anything with Johnny Depp
5. Monty Python's Holy Grail
6. The Princess Bride
7. Dance with Me

Seven Places I'd Rather Be
1. hanging out with any of you
2. in my bed with a good book & a mug of tea
3. South of France
4. Concert
5. North Carolina w/mon frere
6. Tonight's AFC Championship game (Go Broncos!)
7. Milpitas (ha ha ha I have my reasons lol)

Seven Favorite Bands (Artists, Groups, Whatever)
1. U2
2. Marc Anthony (en espanol)
3. Pink Martini
4. The Beatles
5. Aerosmith
6. Bon Jovi
7. Any salsa music, en general

Seven People I Want To Join In On This
1. AZ
2. Sandra
3. Jen
4. Raina
5. Blackbird
6. Sally
7. Whomever!

2 comments:

math jedi said...

cheer for the Raiders... I forgot that one. :)

Anonymous said...

AAAAAAAAAAWWWW! What's your damage!!!! That makes me really, really, really happy! And what I wouldn't give to watch Dance with Me with you tonight! I own my own copy now! It's a DVD, too! I will rise to the occasion.