10 January 2006

Las Palmas Doradas

So, remember this concert I went to with my friend JG?

Well, this evening in salsa class, I reached a new milestone. Never in my 26.5 years (exactly), have I ever received a piece of jewelry from a man outside of my father or brother. Until tonight.

This is how it works. JG, is great. A great dancer, great personality, and just a fun guy. He and I and AZ and Jaime and others all just have a great time in class and going out to the occasional salsa club. We are all friends, but the thing is, JG has a crush on me. I know, and have known for a while.

But, I'm not going to start dating him - there is just no interest on my part to be with him *that* way. And, he is enough of a gentleman, that he never oversteps our boundaries of friendship. So, all that said...

After class, we are talking and he tells me he has a Christmas gift for me. I was shocked, and was like, but JG, I don't have anything for you! And he replied "No, no, no....I wanted to give you something to thank you for being my friend...you are such a good person and Feliz Navidad."

He hands me a small gold box.

Inside, a gold necklace, of my name spelled (the right way!) in cursive lettering, with little golden palm trees.

What! Wow...I was literally speechless. I mean, it is such a thoughtful gift, I didn't know what to say. I did manage to say thank you, and was very gracious and all. I just ... wow. Blew me away.

So. Later, in the car with AZ, I decided that this shall now be the Salsa Necklace. If there is salsa dancing involved, las palmas doradas shall now be the accessory of choice!

3 comments:

Sandra Vahtel said...

how very gwen stefani of you. i kinda like it.

MezzoCO said...

L.A.M.B., baby. Does this mean I need to get my very own entourage of Harajuku girls?

Sandra Vahtel said...

it might help. it must be tough having an entourage, though -- you have to buy like seven of everything...