09 January 2006

I love movie previews

I do. I love seeing previews - a glimpse of what's to come! X-men 3, for example! Hooray!

Before the previews, as you know, there are little entertaining games, trivia, ads, and then commercials. After guessing which actor said "I'll be back" and about 3 times, one's attentions starts to drift, and by the time the commercials roll around, the anticipation is killer! So, I do what almost every other, normal, movie-going person does. I talk. I talk with my friends during the pre-entertainment entertainment and I talk during the commercials. As soon as the previews start, I'll shut-up. No big deal, right?

Right.

Except for yesterday. Post wine-country, Tyler and I decided to see "Walk the Line" (which was so amazing, I can't even tell you). Anyways. We get to the theater early enough, and have a good 15 minutes to sit and watch the trivia on the screen.
I call my mom back, quickly, and then Tyler and I are just sitting there, talking. Now, we can be loud, I'll admit, but we really were using our "indoor voices", and were both relaxed and low-key after our Sonoma adventures.

As anyone with long legs will attest, movie theaters can be tricky. I usually make the effort to not kick the person in front of me, but I accidentally hit the back of the chair of the woman directly in front of me and to my left. I apologized, and, in a jokey, but NICE manner, told her, "Don't worry, I won't kick your chair throughout the movie."

That was that.

About three minutes later (not EVEN to the previews, yet), she and her partner, glare back at me and Tyler and say "You're not going to talk throughout the whole movie, either, right?"

HUH?

ME: "um, no..." (*quizzical look on face*)

Tyler and I looked at each other, like, "what did we do?" and started giggling, of course.

About 30 seconds later, the women stood up and moved one row down. It was just a funny incident.

No comments: