06 May 2005

Ever wondered...

...what you're worth? As in, if someone had to purchase you?

I bet you're all thinking this is going to be one serious post.

Not!

I was working as a temp for the nice people over at SHD for the last few months. This week was my first official 'non temp' job. I was hired over at the Fund. Now, basically, SHD gets paid because I was hired. They sold me. Seriously. I saw the invoice (I pay all the bills)!

My purchase price was $7,000.00. However, probably since I am available only in limited quantity, they slashed the price and let me go for $5,000.00.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

I also come with (no kidding) a "one-year guarantee". Funny, eh?
----------------------
In other news....
I met my ex's new girlfriend last night. He swung by to pick up this package from his mom at my house (he doesn't have an address at the moment) and she was in the car. He's all, "hey, do you wanna come meet my girlfriend?"

I looked at him, and I KNOW I had some sort of funny, pained, and slightly panicky expression on my face. But I couldn't stop myself, I said "ummmm...sure?"

So, we go to the car, where H proceeds to give me the one over before pro-offering her hand. P joked that perhaps the two of us could exchange notes (Lucky me, I get to see her again on Sunday when I go see Madame Butterfly).

I don't know if she knows that I'm "the republican" aka the ex-girlfriend who voted for Bush. But I sure know who she is, and damned if there wasn't a twinge of jealousy that reared its ugly head deep down inside of me last night.

All I have to say is I'm gonna look good when I go to the opera Sunday night. HA. Is that really so wrong? nahhhhhhh.

Being an adult is not for wimps.

No comments: