09 April 2005

April fool

So I notice it's been awhile. I've even emailed myself (more than once, mind you) with things to blog about over the last two weeks. I've just not had any time!
-------------

Here is something I wrote on March 28th, unedited and posted here for posterity:

"The bottom line? Don't deny your feelings; deal with them. Attraction is a megawatt force that can sweep away your good sense, and even your values. That's why you need to respect how powerful chemistry truly is, and work as hard as you can to avoid letting your physical desires unravel your life."
The above was taken from this article

So, i happened upon this in an MSN women article on line today, and it just struck me.....b/c i know exactly what it means. For a long time, i thought i wasn't prone to this -- i mean, c'mon how stupid is that?
maybe i just didn't believe in something so powerful as just unbridled animal attraction -- all that talk of pheromones and stuff? you know....

a few posts ago, i let loose a torrent of french. towards the end i said (for those who can't read french -- and even if you can, it was written hastily and full of errors!) "that my head, heart, body and soul were all in a war against each other". a feeling that i have felt, perhaps, before in my life, but just not quite so strongly as at that particular moment.

in romans, paul often writes that he knows what is right --he KNOWS it, and yet, he continues to do what he does not want to do. the flesh and the spirit are opposing forces. Obiviously, the applies to the statement from the MSN article -- how, when left unchecked, physical desires can indeed unravel your life. isn't it amazing how people are wired? highly intelligent, rational beings with the capacity for greatness, genius and discovery....and yet we are completely susceptible to dissolving into piles of mush when the right person just even glances at us. crazy. and fun. a lot of the fun in life stems from the chemistry you have with others (and not just sexual chemsitry, either)....

anywho. I'm with Paul AND the article. i know that "working as hard as i can" not to let my physical nature win me over will never be enough. i will never, ever be able to work hard enough. i know myself too well to claim that. So, I will call on G's help for this. it is through His strength only. "Therefore, be transformed by the renewing of your mind..." Rom. 12.

No comments: