02 December 2004

Yay!

I finally bought "How to Dismantle an atomic bomb" (U2's new album, in case you're from another planet and thought I was actually interested in learning how to, well, dismantle an atomic bomb). It is great! I am soooo pumped. You better believe that if they come ANYWHERE near the bay area, that I am there!!!!

in other random news.....

I'm off to the great state of Louisiana tomorrow. Headed to West Monroe with my parents a cousin's wedding. Well, not actually a wedding, but a wedding reception. Said cousin got married in the carribean last weekend. Aparantly, if you live on the island of Ste. Lucia for 3 days, you can then get married there. Kind of a planned eloping.
Anywho, I'm looking forward to seeing all of our various and sundry family members. Considering we are a southern family, we're quite small, so when we all get together, it's a lot of fun---we all know each other fairly well (despite my parents being the black sheep and becoming . . . ack . . . westerners in Colorado)!!
It's been 3 years since I've been to Louisiana, and almost 6 since I've been to the bustling metropolis of West Monroe. Stay tuned for post-family reunion/wedding weekend recap next week.

pps: check out this freaking hysterical site:

  • Badly Drawn Observations

  • Thanks to
  • End_user X
  • for the link.

    3 comments:

    j andrew taylor said...

    End, if you liked Yahweh then you'd LOVE the rest of the album. Yahweh is one of the worst songs on the whole thing. There's a B-Side called Mercy that should have easily taken Yahweh's place as the closer of the album.

    Katy, 1. I hope you enjoy your time in our great state...if you get a chance you should come on down to New Orleans and have some Abita Christams Ale. 2. Whatcha got against Colorado?

    Jennifer said...

    wow, even the internet world is smaller than i thought. katy, jacob is one of my internet friends that i told you about meeting a few months ago. good old relevant message boards, making my worlds collide since 2004. oh and the new u2 is major happy sprinkles!

    j andrew taylor said...

    So, End, what qualifies something as christian or secular? Having God-centered lyrics? Thanking God in your liner notes? Being on a Christian record lable?

    Not picking a fight, just wondering where you draw your line.