17 September 2004

the art of procrastination

so, here it is...that blessed hour between 11 pm and midnight when i think to myself, "wow, it's only 11. I have a good hour left before i'll get really tired'. so, what am i doing with that time. i am sitting here writing a blog. not just any blog. but a procrastination blog.

what i should be doing is cleaning up my room. it has reached a level of messy that can only be described as 'post-hurricaine ivan' messy. why? have i been extremely busy? no. not particularly. the problem is that i am ''looking for a job''. and since i have nothing i really have to do i just don't get anything done.

so, i create stacks. and stacks within and upon stacks. until the stacks just fall over and become landfills, filling the space under my desk, between my bed and my nightstand, and spilling out onto the kitchen table.

the best part is that i can pretty much just shut my door and forget about it. the worst part is, when i want to go to bed, i just move the stacks off the bed back onto my floor, only to replace them in the morning.

what kind of existence IS this, anyways? i don't want to be a stack person for the rest of my life. i don't want to marry a stack person, either. i mean, can you imagine the chaos that would breed? helllllll no!!!

anywho. i suppose i should go shift some stacks around. maybe i'll even try to put stuff away. now there's a novel thought.

No comments: