05 January 2010

Slow to anger...

Forgiveness for me comes fairly easy...I am typically not one to hold a grudge. However, if you betray my trust - and I forgive you - do not expect that trust to be instantaneously reinstated. Trust, once lost, is very difficult for me to re-extend.
I had an unfortunate experience today, and one I hope not to repeat anytime soon. Suffice to say that when I get angry - not often at all - you do not want to be on the receiving end. And this was righteous anger, but I do not like being in such a mental state as this. Forgiveness will be quick... But hurt, anger and mistrust might be around for a bit. I suppose prayer is in order. Good thing, too, or I might do something I'd regret.

2 comments:

Bag Blog said...

Even when someone comes with a repentant heart, forgiveness is hard. Repentance helps alot, but I totally understand the trust issue. It takes awhile for a person to be proven out, but being proven is important. You can still walk in love towards someone while waiting to see if they are true.

kristi.guillory said...

http://kristifaye.blogspot.com/

if you don't think i sound too selfish, a prayer would be truly appreciated! Passing along my story would help too :)