06 March 2009

Friday Five - Hodge Podge

1. What activity can you not believe you survived in your childhood?
Considering I can't even make it out of my house most mornings these days without injuring myself (exhibit A: rug-burned, aching knee and bruised torso from slipping in my bathroom earlier this week), there are DEFINITELY some activities I cannot believe I survived: sledding behind a pick-up truck...you know...in which the sled is TIED to the truck; scaling a highway embankment fence in the dark - and tiptoe-ing across the ledge hanging on for dear life with cars speeding by just on the other side of said metal fence; any science lab involving fire, ever; ski-school (I'm horrible); The Blob at Eagle Lake - which entailed jumping from couple stories up in the air onto a ginormous inflatable "blob" floating thing and scooting to the end of it so that when the next person behind you jumped on - you shot up into the air before landing in a freezing mountain lake - but oh, was it fun; driving up to Evergreen, CO in a wicked snowstorm with a bunch of teenagers.

2. What activity can you not believe kids get away with today? Cursing/having sex in like, middle school (or earlier?!)/texting at the dinner table/being completely disrespectful to their parents.

3. If you could be anyone else in the world alive or dead, who would you choose to be? Possibly my great-grandmother. Just to see what her life was like.

4. A lot of people think they've been in love at 15 or 16 years old, do you look back and think you were a stupid kid or do you believe that you were old enough to know what love is? I might have had an inkling of what love was...ha...but no. I was never "in love" at that age.

5. Do you think it is possible to remain in love with someone you once loved, but haven't seen in a year? Most definitely yes.

No comments: