22 November 2008

lovely

It has been a gorgeous day today . . . sunny, warm...who would have thunk it is practically Thanksgiving?

I went up to Marin today for lunch and to hike with some friends in this place called Tennessee Valley. Very lovely - I'd never been up there before.

Now, headed to a going away party for a good friend of mine...I guess that's just the thing about SF - it's such a transient place, and saying "goodbye" to folks never gets easier. But, I try and frame it in my mind that, well, I just have a lot of fun places to go visit!

1 comment:

Buck said...

that's just the thing about SF - it's such a transient place

I noticed this during my 2.5 year sojourn by The Bay, as well. It's probably gonna get worse before it gets better in the present economic downturn, if the past holds any clues at all.

I watched SO many people leave during the dot-bomb bust of 2000 - 2001... losing one's job, coupled with the high cost of living equals lots of emigration. Or it did back then, anyway. Painful.