17 October 2008

Friday Five - Coin Toss

1) When was the last time you flipped a coin or even saw one flipped in person?
I don't remember the last time I flipped a coin for any particular purpose...sometimes I just flip them for fun.

2) Do you have any foreign coins in your house? If so, where are they from?
We have a plethora of foreign coins . . . most of them at the moment are British Pounds, since Sibling just came back from London. Also - I know we have some arcade tokens and I have a Central City Teller House gambling coin that I've had for a few years. Someone special to me (at the time) gave it to me as a "good luck" singing charm. I'd forgotten all about it, but came across it in the pocket of an old purse earlier this week.

3) A penny saved is a penny earned, they say. But let's get serious. Is there a special place in heaven for pennies, or do you think they'll find a special place in, well, the other place? HA. I don't know. I have one friend who just throws pennies away, though (which is weird to me, even if the penny is rather worthless now.)

4) How much did you get from the tooth fairy when you were a child? and if you have children of your own, do they get coins, or paper money? (I hear there may be some inflation.)
Ooh. Good question - I think the tooth fairy may have left a dollar/tooth. The tooth fairy EVEN left me money for the tooth I couldn't leave under the pillow - one came out during a "tickle fight" and I swallowed it!

5) Did anyone in your household collect the state quarters? And did anyone in your household manage to sustain the interest required to stick with it?
My brother collects the state quarters - and yes, he has stuck with it. However, they are not organized in any particular way. Rather, his fiancee gave him a coin sorter last Christmas, and he only places the "special" quarters in there.

No comments: