13 June 2008

Friday five - Beach Trip

1. Ocean rocks, lake limps? Vice versa? Or "it's all beautiful in its own way"?
I love the rocky beaches in NorCal and the rest of the Pacific NW. And I love mountain lakes. Both waaaay too cold for swimming (usually).

2. Year round beach living: Heaven...or the Other Place?
I have enjoyed living near the ocean. It's nice...I could get used to wearing flip flops year-round.

3. Any beach plans for this summer?
No hot beaches planned...only the cool ones here.

4. Best beach memory ever?
I have many memories of spending time on our Rocky Mountain lake...which had a teeny tiny "beach" surrounded by pine trees. That, and visiting the Oregon coast in high school made me want to study marine biology. Funny what kids who grow up landlocked aspire to be, eh?

5. Fantasy beach trip?
Hmmm...I would LOVE to go back to Hawaii. We took a family trip there once. Is that a fantasy? Perhaps. I'd also love to go back to the South of France. For the most part, my idea of beaches are not the typical let's-lay-out-in-the-sun-and-bake-all-day. I'd rather sit bundled up and listen to the crashing of the waves, letting them work their hypnosis over me.

No comments: