03 March 2008

I think

. . . yesterday's post exhausted me and I have low creative juices running tonight.

So. I'll leave you with a little tidbit from Sunday evening.
I was at my alma mater to see a bunch of friends in a performance. While there, I saw my former Italian professor (easily one of my favorite teachers ever) - and got to shoot the breeze in italiano, which always makes me happy.
We talked about how things were going, what I've been up to since the last time we'd run into each other (at the Shakespeare Festival six months ago), how his family was doing etc, etc.

Just before we parted ways, he imparted to me this unsolicited advice:
"I think it would be *good* for you to be a little more hedonistic."

Had I been drinking something when he said that, I probably would have spewed said beverage all over him. Seriously - I don't even remember what my response was.

Hedonism: Pursuit of or devotion to pleasure, especially to the pleasures of the senses.

I'm all for pleasuring the senses . . . fine wines, arts, lingering kisses, etc. However, my 'devotion' lies elsewhere.

2 comments:

Sharona said...

HAHAHAHA! those italians, always trying to lead our ladies astray...

math jedi said...

good for you.

A few years ago, Tracy (you never met her, but did I ever tell you about her?) kept saying she wanted to get me drunk, and I almost considered it for a while, but I'm glad I didn't.