06 March 2008

all Greek to me . . .

Sibling and I went to dinner tonight - Greek food at what is *probably* my favorite Greek restaurant in SF: Mykonos. It really is awesome. And yummy...

The best part? During the course of the evening, getting to just have "real" talk with mon cher frere. Even though we are housemates, we often pass an entire week without seeing each other for more than a "hey, how's it going?" or the occasional ride into work together.

OPA!
---
In other news...is anyone else out there watching Eli Stone? It is such a quirky show, and I can't *quite* figure it out. I love that it's set in SF - of all places - and has such a spiritual/Higher Power vibe to it. Even more interesting is the fact that this show is seemingly trying to tap into a (long?) dormant spiritual side of your average-everyday-I-just-watched-LOST-so-I'll-catch-Eli-Stone-audience, even in light of this newly released Pew study on religion in America.

NB: If you find the afore-linked study interesting, check out these articles:

Stereotypical SF take on things from SFGate


Secularism makes a comeback from TheAtlantic.com


Read what the NYTimes has to say about things


Ironically, this is a Christianity Today article on the same topic - but from 2002!


And, check out this little gem entitled Religion in World Affairs. It's not quite the same topic, but interesting, nevertheless.

2 comments:

Sharona said...

I used to live around the corner from Mykonos! It's my favorite Greek place, too!! Yes. We are destined to be one...oh, yes.

Anonymous said...

i would also like to point out that Jonny Lee MIller of "Eli Stone" was Angelina Jolie's first husband and played against foxy Alessandro Nivola in "Fanny Price" where I fawned over his rendition of Edwin. Can't get into Eli Stone unless they bring back George Michael FOR REAL.