18 February 2008

just making it . . .

I started writing this just before midnight - so even if I don't finish it on time, it will be marked on the right date! whew!

Today was a really good day. We went to church and saw everyone, really, including P, which was nice. I forget his hair is all "high and tight" now - but he carries it off well.

Our group (about 15) went to lunch...it started snowing and snowing. Very pretty and very cold.

At 4:30, P and his parents came to our house to:
1. Eat dinner together
2. Make Candyhouses!
3. Celebrate P's dad's birthday.

I made lasagna, and P told us a stories from his deployment. He likes his job (can't go into details) and I was happy to hear that. Around 8, his cousins called and we met them for an 8:30 movie (to which we were 20 minutes late!) We saw Jumper. It was HORRIBLE and hilariously so! I mean, it was an awful movie, but a fun time. P and I returned to my parents house, because we hadn't finished our candyhouses yet - and so we finished them up. They are very cute & I'll post pictures when I return to SF. Now I just have this image of P returning from leave & when his fellow Soldier's ask him what he did during his time off . . . he can say he made a candyhouse. :)

Good times had by all.

No comments: