23 February 2008

Friday Saturday Fives: Heaven

A little late on this one ... sorry!

Anyways - taking this one from Wyldth1ng.

So how about we share five "heavenly" things? These can be serious or funny or a combination of the two. What is your idea of a heavenly (i.e. wonderful and perfect):

1. Family Get-together?
Anything where my entire family - I'm talking aunts, uncles, cousins, etc - can be there. I love visiting all of them in their natural habitat (The South) but every now and then we'll all end up in Rocky Mountain National Park, which is also a great time. My extended family is pretty small, so we can all easily fit in one place. And I miss seeing them!!!

2. Song or musical piece?
This is a hard question for me to answer...ack. So, I'm going to list a few different things (in random order): Barber's Adagio for Strings but scored for voices with the Agnus Dei text; Chopin's Nocturnes; Lensky's 2nd act aria in Eugene Onegin; Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones; In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel; and anything by U2.

3. Gift?
Friendships - old and new.

4. You choose whatever you like-food, pair of shoes, vacation, house, or something else. Just tell us what it is and what a heavenly version of it would be.
The perfect blanket for cuddling, napping, what-have-you is the "nap" brand of blankets from Sharper Image. Expensive and totally worth it - they are the softest blankets EVER.

5. And for a serious moment, or what would you like your entrance into the next life to be like? What, from your vantage point now, would make Heaven "heavenly?"
I would like my entrance to be without fuss on this end, but with great rejoicing on the far end. Being reunited with loved ones long gone would make Heaven "heavenly" for me.

No comments: