02 February 2008

adventures in klutz

Yesterday, when I got home from work, i walked over to my windows in the living room to read through the mail. I turned suddenly to go get something from the other room and walked straight into my coffee table. I hit my right shin on the corner of the metal and glass table and pitched - hands first - onto the glass table. I thought I was going to crash through the table and slice up my arms, face, head...everything.

But praise the LORD, for I did not crash through! I guess my hands were far enough apart, and mostly over the metal frame of the table, to keep me from crashing through the table.

Today my wrists are *very* sore. I've been icing them. And I have a huge, nasty bruise forming on my leg, along with a cut. It is very sore, too.

*sigh* Madame Grace strikes again.

2 comments:

Sandra Vahtel said...

ACK!

For as stunning a visual as it would have made to imagine you crashing through your table, I'm definitely glad you're OK!! Yikes, scary...

Sharona said...

My little cousin fell through a glass coffee table when she was two and while they were stitching her up, the doctors treated my aunt and uncle like they were secretly abusers and not admitting it. So I'm here to be those doctors for you: has sibling been grabbing your wrists and kicking you in the shins again?? Don't let him get rough with you!