09 January 2008

Yum

I found a yummy recipe via this blog here and I thought I would try it out. Feeling inspired by:
A) My free evening;
B) Wanting to use up random stuff in my fridge;
C) My watching of Chefs on the Travel Channel drool

This is what I had already in my kitchen:
Red onion
Green onion
Olive Oil
A few snap peas
Garlic
Brown Rice
Lemon pepper
Dried cranberries
Slivered almonds
Chicken breast (from one of those grocery store rotisserie chickens)
Grated parmesean

What I bought at the store:
Can of butter beans (big, white beans)
Baby carrots
Red Bell pepper

Saute garlic and onions in olive oil; add carrots and bell peppers; add chickpeas and chicken; add cranberries & almonds; add beans, lemon pepper & salt. Serve hot over brown rice, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with parmesean.

I choose to enjoy dinner with a glass of Ledson's Bellisimo red wine (it was open and only had enough for one glass left). Delicioso. I even took pictures, but I *still* have no idea where my camera's USB cord is...hmmmmm.

2 comments:

Sandra Vahtel said...

Sweet, sweet Bourdain...

Sharona said...

omigosh, I'll be there in FIVE MINUTES.