29 January 2008

A Passing Case of the Stupids

I think I inadvertantly came up with the title to the perfect break-up album:

The Soundscape of My Stupidity
Doesn't that have a nice ring to it? This was the phrase I used to describe the various and sundry exasperated sounds coming from my mouth today at work as I "accomplished" many stupid things. I couldn't get through one task today without some sort of stupid being infused into it. Lack of sleep, perhaps.

In any case, the evening - and the soundscape - ended with two blond-haired, blue-eyed girls singing the chorus of "Achy Breaky Heart" at the top of our lungs, much to the bemused horror of three speechless Brazilians rounding out the carpool in the backseat. And yes, we knew ALL of the words.

2 comments:

Sharona said...

I'd like to think that in some small way, we've made their lives better. I know the moment made MY life better. DON'T TELL MY HEART!

MezzoCO said...

I just don't think it'd understand . . .