28 January 2008

Looks like Somebody has a case of the Mondays

I was recapping the magic that is U2 3D on the IMAX screen to two of my colleagues this morning - my excitement growing with each passing second of reliving my Saturday night experience – when at the height of my story-telling (reaching out to 3D Bono on the line “Touch me, take me to another place….” as he stretches his hand out to grab MINE over the audience), Debbie Downer joins in with “Oh, you’re talking about that movie you saw? Hahahaha! Did I tell you the story of the really nice man who helped me install xyz appliance at my house last week? His wife dropped dead!” . . . and walks off.

I couldn’t meet the eyes of my two other colleagues, due to inappropriate laughter. Not at the loss of life – never – but at the reliable timing of DD to drop a comment like that. I mean, it’s like clockwork. I could practically set my watch by it.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Sharona said...

HAHAHAHA!

1. "when at the height of my story-telling..."

2. I SERIOUSLY think she works here, too. Tell me if you notice her leaving for four hours at a stretch.

3. Speaking of inappropriate laughter, you were KILLING me last night during Misfits.