25 January 2008

Books

Today's Friday Five is actually Wyld's from last week.

1. What book have you read in the last six months that has really stayed with you? Why? Hmmm...the most recent coming to mind is Doonesbury's The Sandbox, which is a collection of stories from Soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. It's an emotional read (ups AND downs), and I've appreciated the insight into a world which I know very little about. It's also a website, updated daily.

2. What is one of your favorite childhood books?
I loved reading the Ramona Quimby books, and others by Judy Blume.

3. Do you have a favorite book of the Bible? Do tell!
Psalms. Every human emotion is expressed in them - pretty amazing, actually.

4. What is one book you could read again and again?
LOTR. The Outlander books

5. Is there a book you would suggest for Lenten reading? What is it and why?
For Lenten reading? I don't know . . . I've never really thought about it. Perhaps something on discipline . . .

No comments: