26 June 2006

Forza Azzurri!

oooh!!!! I went to North Beach this morning to catch the first half of the Italy-Australia match...it was exciting!! Most of the caffes were buzzing with fans. I sat outside at Panta Rei - they have a huge flatscreen set up, so that you can sit on the sidewalk and see it through their glass front! To be there with everyone, cheering for gli Azzurri (with the exception of a handful of yellow aussie fans)....the first half was scoreless, and then I had to leave for work (!) BUT, praise the Lord for internet, because I was able to track the game from work.

Italy won in the very last minute with a penalty kick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

France plays Spain at noon tomorrow....I'm going to try and watch part of that game at Cafe de la Presse again...that was too much fun last week!!!!

I. am. totally. addicted.!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

math jedi said...

haha... I stopped watching when USA lost... but that probably still makes me more of a soccer fan than most Americans.