19 January 2006

5 A.M.

Phone rings. Three times. Waking our heroine from a deep, actually dream-filled, sleep.

K: [whispers] "hello?"

Mystery Caller X: "Mooshi Mooshi! aldkjaoeij ao;weijr aoweiru oaweirhoawierhoawieh..."

K: [thinks to self: self...you do not speak Japanese] "Wrong number..."

[click, roll over, snuggle back into covers]
---------------
6:30 A.M.
R turns the dryer on. [squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek goes the closet door]
[rolls over, returns to sleep-like state]
---------------
7:50 A.M.
***BEEP*** ***BEEP*** ***BEEP*** ***BEEP*** [fumbles for button...click]
---------------
8:15 A.M.
[thinks to self: Crap. I was just dreaming that I had already gotten up and ready for work. Now, I am running late...]

2 comments:

math jedi said...

aww.....

Jennifer said...

man, i hate it when i do that. i'm always so confused when i find myself in bed with drool dried on my cheek.